In December 1993 Dr. Greg L. Bahnsen debated atheist lawyer Mr. Edward “Eddie” Tabash. As far as I know this video is not available elsewhere on the internet (although there are some poor audio recordings on YouTube).
I will be posting the entire debate in segments on my blog. If you wish to purchase the full-length version, please contact Covenant Media Foundation.
In this episode Mr. Tabash makes his opening statement. Here are highlights:
- How are we supposed to believe that no error crept into the Bible when there were no Xerox machines at the time of the writing?
If the Bible were true we’d update it every year like we do our law books
- The so-called “truths” of the Bible are preposterous
- Why does God want us to worship Him in a specific way? Why can’t we worship Him as we want?
- How can we modern people trust an ancient book like the Bible?
- Roosters give birth to roosters (!)
I could come up with a better true, just, merciful concept of God than the Bible does