In December 1993 Dr. Greg L. Bahnsen debated atheist lawyer Mr. Edward “Eddie” Tabash. As far as I know this video is not available elsewhere on the internet (although there are poor audio recordings on You Tube).
I will be posting the entire debate in segments on my blog. If you wish to purchase the full-length version, please contact Covenant Media Foundation.
In this episode Mr. Tabash and Dr. Bahnsen make their closing statements. Here are highlights:
MR. TABASH CLOSING REMARKS
- I don’t have to know how the universe was formed [but I do know that it wasn’t God who did it]
- Why aren’t there any miracles today?
- Where is the proof that Jesus did any miracles?
- We shouldn’t believe in a God who sends people to hell; we should believe in one who loves everybody
DR. BAHNSEN CLOSING REMARKS
- God has provided visible verification (2 Peter 1:16)
- The atheist doesn’t like the idea of God so he simply says He doesn’t exist
- The atheist is unable to offer proof for his theories
- The atheist’s worldview is self-contradictory
- The atheist cannot defend their theory that life can evolve from nonlife
- Atheists are emotionally committed to an unintelligible worldview
- Atheists are walking, living contradictions
- Atheists pronouncements are driven by emotion
- Atheists live by a blind and contradictory faith
- The atheist’s worldview is closer to superstition than science