My apologies for the poor audio quality; the recording was originally made on audio cassette in 1987. I have restored it to the best of my ability using Sony Sound Forge Pro 10 technology.
Highlights from sermon:
- The Book of Romans has been more blessed throughout history than any other portion of Holy Scripture
- The Book of Romans was instrumental in the conversions of Augustine, Martin Luther, and John Wesley.
The Book of Romans was the impulse of The Great Awakening in the United States of America under the preaching of Jonathan Edwards.
- God is prone to use the Book of Romans for the conversion of souls
- Of all people that ever lived, why would Paul feel it necessary to say, “I am not ashamed of the Gospel?”
- Paul the Apostle of Jesus Christ was the greatest intellectual power of all time, surpassing Plato.
- The greatest powers in government the world has ever seen, even imperial Rome itself, cannot compare to the power of the Gospel.
- Rome would drool to have the kind of power inherent in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- There are two reasons why we do not see the power of Gospel in our own time: 1) the Gospel is not preached; and, 2) among those who actually hear the Gospel few believe.
Listen to lecture by Dr. John Gerstner (approx. 35.5 minutes):