And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
In this sermon excerpt Dr. Carl Bogue warns of grave consequence due to America’s refusal to acknowledge the crown rights of Jesus Christ.
- It is an American myth that politicians can govern using a public-private division. On one hand they say they submit to God personally, but not as rulers of nations. “I am personally against abortion, but it won’t affect the way I rule if elected” is a false dichotomy. As a result they lead America into national rebellion against the will of God.
- America suffers from the collective rebellion and tyranny of the 51%.
- History is full of rulers who sought to lead their nation to obey Christ.
- In the beginning of its existence America inherited much of its political influence from the Mosaic civil law.
- The most important political fact that America’s leaders can know is this: Jesus Christ reigns as King and has all authority in heaven and earth.
- The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against America. God has given us over to a reprobate mind. God has taken His hands off this nation.
- The schools in America are under God’s judgment.
- Taking refuge in Christ is the one thing today’s political rulers will not do. Instead they walk in the way of the wicked, and that is why they are in danger of final and fierce destruction.
- The rulers of America rage against King Jesus. But why should you? Be sure you are not found among these wicked rulers. One day Jesus is coming again to judge all men.
- America is on its way to destroying itself.
- Among the 2016 presidential candidates not one mentioned that our only hope is to recognize and obey the crown rights of the Lord Jesus Christ. No one was willing to campaign and vote for that platform. Without formal allegiance to Christ, this country shall surely perish.
- The Kingship of Christ is the most important political fact in our day.
Listen to the 15.5 minute sermon excerpt delivered 16 August 2016 at Calvin Presbyterian Church in Phoenix, Arizona:
To listen to the message in its entirety click here: Messiah the Prince (Complete Message).
Click the link to learn more about Calvin Presbyterian Church.
Full text of Psalm 2:
Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying,
“Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”
He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
“As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”
I will tell of the decree:
The LORD said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”
Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
For further reading: